- QUICKER RESULTS - remove the 'guesswork' that comes with working out what's going on with your health
TARGETED NUTRITION - while there's no 'magic bullet' when it comes to improving your health, a more targeted approach can help you get noticeable results in a shorter time
FULL BODY ASSESSMENT - from dental health to vision, identifying imbalances which could increase health risks in the future
PROFESSIONAL DIET ANALYSIS - highlighting and addressing of potential shortfalls and insufficiencies
WHAT YOU GET:
- Learn what diet suits you best
- Learn the best way to cook your food, and when & how to eat
- Learn what supplements will benefit you
- Receive your personalised long term plan back to optimum health
Functional Medicine is a professional healthcare model formulated by US leading Doctors and used by physicians and Nutritionists alike worldwide. It's a model which looks at physiology from a different angle, identifying sometimes subtle levels of dysfunction at different biological systems, linking this all together to form an educated picture 'what's going on'. All the body's complex processes such as detoxification, digestion, absorption, elimination, repair, energy production, organ and body structure among others, work together to help the body function. If, due to diet, lifestyle, environment,stress and genetic predispositions, an 'imbalance' is created (i.e - a small dysfunction over time leading to a 'build-up' or 'lack of' something) this can challenge processes which then over time can start to severely impede on function, and unpleasant symptoms may start to occur.
Functional Medicine is science based medicine, using nutritional medicine as a tool to achieve optimal function. Optimal function of all systems and organs are highly valued in Functional Medicine in order to achieve optimal health, the contrast being ordinary medicine which is concerned with disease only.
THE 'SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS':
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction
- Inflammation & immune dysregulation - representing as joint pain, auto-immune conditions etc
- Hormonal imbalance and interplay - adrenal, thyroid and sex hormones in particular
- Insulin, leptin and appetite and energy regulating hormone resistance and sensitivity
- Oxidative stress & mitochondrial function and the effect on ageing, energy, and regulated cell death
- Toxins, toxicity and impaired biotransformation (detoxification) and the systemic effects
- Food sensitivities, allergies & sensitivities
I also offer professional specialist laboratory testing and test-interpretation on the status of vitamins, minerals, omega 3 and other fats, neurotransmitters (such as serotonin) and hormone status, blood fats, organic acids, etc etc. These tests can be hugely valuable tools that can often speed up results.